Instagram stories are a popular way to share your moments with your followers. They are ephemeral, interactive, and fun. But sometimes, one photo is not enough to capture the whole story. You might want to show different angles, perspectives, or details of your experience. That’s why Instagram allows you to add multiple photos to your story in various ways.
In this article, we will show you two easy methods to add multiple photos to instagram story. You can either use the built-in Layout feature or the Photo sticker to layer multiple photos on the same slide.
Table of Contents
2 Ways to Add Multiple Photos to Instagram Story
Instagram is a popular platform to share photos and videos. Stories, which vanish in 24 hours, are a fun way to express yourself. But how do you share multiple photos in one story? We’ll show you two easy methods using Instagram’s built-in features.
Uploading Multiple Photos at Once
The simplest way to add multiple photos to your Instagram Story is to use the Select button to choose up to 10 photos and videos from your camera roll, which will be uploaded as 10 separate slides in your Story. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch Instagram and hit the “+” icon up top for Story mode.
- Your enticing camera roll opens, but first, let’s get creative. A tap on the camera icon is all it takes.
- On the left side, spot a lineup of icons. Go for the third one from the top – it’s a square with lines, your Layout buddy.
- When you tap the Layout icon, you get a screen with four sections to fill.
- Option 1: Take a new photo by tapping the white circle at the bottom center. The first photo goes to the top left corner. Take three more if needed. To change a photo, tap it and press delete.
- Option 2: Choose photos from your camera roll by tapping the square icon at the bottom left. Pick a photo for the top left slot and keep going until all four are filled. To swap or remove a photo, tap it and press delete. Get creative!
- Satisfied with your collage? Simply hit the checkmark to confirm. Now, you can jazz it up with stickers, text, or cool effects. Or, if you want a new layout, check out the step.
- For a different layout, go back to Layout mode and tap the grid icon below it. Pick your preferred style from the menu and fill each part as before.
- Once your design is perfect, tap the checkmark. Now, unleash your creativity with stickers, text, or effects. When ready, hit the arrow in the bottom right.
- Select your audience and tap Share to unveil your masterpiece!
Another way to add multiple photos to your Instagram Story is to use stickers to layer additional photos on top of a background photo. This way, you can create a collage effect or highlight certain details in your photos. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch Instagram and hit the “+” icon for a new Story.
- To kick things off, enter create mode by tapping the camera icon.
- Now, locate the sticker icon (the smiling face inside a square) at the top. Scroll till you spot the Camera Roll sticker: it’s a circle with your latest photo, adorned with a mountain and sun logo. (Picturing it? Keep going!)
- Choose a photo and watch it seamlessly integrate into your story canvas. Drag, resize, or tilt it to perfection. When satisfied, hit the sticker icon again for the next photo. Repeat until your collage takes shape, all easily adjustable.
- To switch up the backdrop, a simple tap on the top circle lets you explore various colors. Want text or more stickers? They’re right there at your fingertips!
- Ready to unveil your masterpiece? A quick tap on the arrow icon reveals sharing options. Customize your audience, then simply tap “Share” to set your creation free!
Other Options to Add Multiple Photos to Instagram Story
Besides the two ways we have discussed, there are some other options for adding multiple photos to your Instagram Story, such as:
- Using Layout: Instagram’s Layout feature lets you craft photo collages on one slide. Open Stories, swipe left, choose a layout, add photos, and customize with stickers, text, or effects!
- Using third-party apps: Enhance your photos with apps like PicCollage, PhotoGrid, or Canva. Edit, save, and easily share them on your Instagram Story.
- Using Reels: Elevate your Instagram game with Reels! Combine photos into dynamic videos with music, transitions, and effects. Swipe to Reels, pick photos, customize, and share to your Story or Feed.
You can also check out our blog, 3 Ways to View Instagram Posts Without Account for more tips and tutorials on Ways to View Instagram Posts Without Account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long do Instagram Stories Last?
Instagram Stories last for 24 hours after you post them. However, you can save them to your Highlights if you want them to stay on your profile permanently.
How can I see Who Viewed My Instagram Story?
You can see who viewed your Instagram Story by swiping up on your slide. You will see a list of usernames and profile pictures of the people who have seen your Story.
How can I Delete a Photo from My Instagram Story?
You can delete a photo from your Instagram Story by tapping on it and then tapping the three dots icon on the bottom-right of the screen. Then, tap Delete and confirm.
How can I Repost Someone Else’s Photo on My Instagram Story?
You can repost someone else’s photo on your Instagram Story by tapping on it and then tapping the paper plane icon on the bottom-left of the screen. Then, tap Add Post to Your Story and customize it as you like. Note that you can only repost public posts that allow sharing.
In conclusion, this article offers clear and user-friendly methods for adding multiple photos to an Instagram Story. Whether it’s uploading several photos at once or creating layered visuals with stickers, users have versatile options to make their stories more engaging.
Additionally, it highlights the use of Instagram’s Layout feature and third-party apps for creative collages. This comprehensive guide is an invaluable resource for those looking to enhance their Instagram storytelling with multiple photos. I hope you understand how to add multiple photos to Instagram story. Thank you for reading, if you have any queries, ask in comment.