ChatGPT is a powerful AI tool that can be used to generate creative content, translate languages, and answer your questions. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 foundational large language models and has been fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. ChatGPT launched as a prototype on November 30, 2022, and garnered attention for its detailed responses and articulate answers across many domains of knowledge.
Table of Contents
Create an OpenAI account.
Go to chat.OpenAi.com and create an account using an email address, a Google or Microsoft account, or both. To log in and utilize ChatGPT, you have to create an account on the OpenAI website.
If you’ve never created an account before, click Sign up and input your information as directed. To create an account with OpenAI, you must provide a valid phone number. After you have signup now you can login you ChatGPT login using your mail id.
After logging onto your OpenAI account on the ChatGPT side of the website, it’s time to get familiar yourself with the AI tool’s window. Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll see, with an example from the image below:
- New chat button: You’ll see a new chat button on the left side of your screen, which you can click at any moment to start a new conversation. This is useful since the ChatGPT model remembers past conversations and will reply with context, thus beginning a new chat will clear a new dialogue without prejudice.
- Chat history: The left sidebar also maintains all of your previous chats available in case you need to return to one, however you may disable chat history.
- Upgrade to Plus: ChatGPT Plus is a premium membership that provides subscribers with access to OpenAI’s GPT-4 model, a quicker and bigger language model. You have the option of upgrading to Plus or staying with the free version.
- Account: By clicking on your e-mail address or name in the lower left corner of your screen, you may access your account information, including settings, the opportunity to log out, and OpenAI support and FAQ.
- Your prompts: The AI chatbot’s responses to your queries or prompts are shown here.
- ChatGPT’s responses: The ChatGPT logo will show on the left whenever it answers to your questions.
- Copy, Thumbs up, Thumbs down: Each time ChatGPT replies, you can copy the text to your clipboard to paste elsewhere and also provide feedback on whether the response was accurate or not, this process helps fine tune the AI tool.
- Regenerate response: If you had trouble receiving a response in the conversation or did not receive a sufficient response, you can select Regenerate response to instruct ChatGPT to try again with the most recent answer.
- Text area: Enter your prompts and questions here, then press enter to submit them.
- ChatGPT version: OpenAI added a notice underneath the text input field, where you can read that this is a “Free Research Preview.” ChatGPT may generate false information about individuals, places, or facts.” There’s also the ChatGPT model* version you’re now using.
Start writing your prompts and questions
That’s all. Now that you know how to access and log in to Chat GPT, it’s time to get started. Ask the language model any burning questions you have and see what type of replies to you can get. ChatGPT may be used for an endless variety of tasks, ranging from software development to writing and translation.
You may now insert any of your Chat GPT prompts into the text box at the bottom of the page and click enter to submit your questions. The AI chatbot will then create text in an attempt to respond to your questions.
Create Content using ChatGPT using Prompt.
This is the initial phase in which you decide what you want to ask Chat GPT but do not yet ask it anything. Determine what you want your function or routine to perform, or what you want to learn about in order to include it into your code. Determine what arguments you’ll provide into your code and what you want to receive out. Then consider how you intend to describe it.
Generate Code using ChatGPT
ChatGPT can generate code and compose text. ChatGPT is an AI language model that can speak, interpret, and respond to natural language. If you have a specific coding or content production question or task, you can ask ChatGPT for help, and it will do its best to deliver helpful and appropriate solutions.
Create API key
If you’re referring to OpenAI’s GPT API key, you can create one by following these steps:
- Go to the OpenAI website and join up for a new account or sign in to an existing one.
- Go to the API Access page after you’ve logged in.
- Select the “Create API Key” option.
- Give your API key a name and choose which rights to provide.
- Select the “Create” option.
- Your new API key will be shown. Keep it safe and do not share it with anyone you do not know.
ChatGPT 4 Playground
The Chat GPT Playground provides a more advanced version of the ChatGPT chatbot, with more capabilities and more control over the generated output. It can write any form of material in response to user input, including summarizing lengthy texts, producing blog posts, translating text, and even authoring complete novels.
While access to the newer GPT4 Playground is temporarily limited, the older GPT 3.5 Playground is free. Users can use the ChatGPT Playground APIs to create their own AI tools with the assistance of OpenAI Training.
This article is to help you learn how to use Chat GPT. We trust that it has been helpful to you. Please feel free to share your thoughts and feedback in the comment section below.