ChatGPT is a breakthrough new artificial intelligence that is transforming the way we communicate. It is a versatile tool that can be used for a wide range of tasks such as writing, research, and creative projects. ChatGPT is still in the works, but it has the potential to change the way we work and live.
Table of Contents
How to Run ChatGPT as a Windows App Using Edge
Install this site as an app is a feature in Microsoft Edge. It allows you to execute web pages as independent native Windows applications. Because Chat GPT is only available as a web app, you may download the AI chatbot website and install it as an app on your PC. It looks and works similarly to the online version, with the exception that there are no web components such as bookmarks, tabs, and so on.
To add ChatGPT as a Windows app using Edge:
- Sign in with your account credentials to the ChatGPT page in the Edge browser.
- Then, to enter the browser menu, click the three-dots menu.
- Go to Apps and select Install this site as an app.
- Enter a name for the app in the Install App window. Enter ChatGPT as an example. Entering a name makes it easier to find the installed software.
- To add a custom icon, choose an icon from your local disk and click the Edit option under Install App. You can leave GPT as the default.
- Wait for Windows to install the site as an app after clicking Install.
After the installation is complete, the Chat GPT app will open automatically. You may pin it to the taskbar and start it, create a desktop shortcut, and activate auto-start on device login in the App installed dialog. Choose your settings and then click Allow.
Like any other application on your computer, you may search for and run the app from the Start menu. Chat GPT, like the web version, will need you to sign in when the session expires. Once you’re in, you may talk or explore some of the amazing features of ChatGPT.
Because it is essentially a progressive web app (PWA), it inherits a few browser features. For example, in the app, select the three-dot menu and then More Tools to access the Print, cast media to a device, zoom, and copy link features.
Press the Win key and type ChatGPT to pin the program. Right-click the program icon and select Pin to Start or Taskbar from the menu that appears.
How to Add ChatGPT as Windows App Using Chrome
Chrome, like Microsoft Edge, has a Create shortcut option. You may utilize any website as a native app by adding it as a shortcut. Here’s how to make Chat GPT a Chrome shortcut.
- Navigate to the ChatGPT website in Google Chrome and sign in using your account.
- In the upper right corner, click the three-dot menu.
- Choose More Tools, then Create Shortcut.
- In the Create shortcut popup, type a name.
- Choose the Open as window option. Without this, the ChatGPT shortcut will launch the site in a new Chrome window rather than in its own window.
- To complete, click the Create button.
- From the Start menu, select the ChatGPT Chrome shortcut. To add the Shortcut to the Start menu and taskbar, right-click on it.
Also Read ChatGPT Login with Google.
This article is to help you learn how to use ChatGPT on your Windows PC. We trust that it has been helpful to you. Please feel free to share your thoughts and feedback in the comment section below.