Pokémon GO is a game that encourages players to explore the real world, catch Pokémon, and interact with other trainers. However, sometimes it can be hard to find people who share your passion for Pokémon or who are available to play with you at the same time.
That’s why Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO, has introduced a new feature called Party Play, which allows you to form or join a party with up to three of your friends and enjoy a shared Pokémon GO experience. In this article, we will explain what Party Play in Pokemon GO is, how Party Play in Pokemon GO works, and how you can make the most of it. let’s start.
Table of Contents
What is Party Play in Pokemon GO?
Party Play in Pokemon GO allows up to 4 friends to team up, complete challenges, see each other on the map, and earn rewards by tackling tasks like spinning PokéStops, raid battles, and catching Pokémon. Fun and collaborative gameplay!
In Pokémon GO’s Party Play, you leverage Party Power during raids to double Charged Attack damage, with faster charging as more friends join. The Activity Summary monitors progress in Pokémon, Throws, Adventure, Battle, and General categories. Bookmark and share your favorite activities with friends for a collaborative gaming experience.
How to Create a Party?
- Launch the game, go to your Trainer profile.
- Access the Party tab.
- Create a Party, receive a code or QR to invite up to 3 nearby trainers.
- Start the adventure together! Pokémon Party, your journey begins.
How to Join a Party?
- Launch the game and access your Trainer profile.
- Explore the new Party tab.
- Join a Party effortlessly by scanning the host’s QR code or entering a numerical code.
- Get ready to embark on an adventure when the host ignites the party! Your map adventure awaits.
How to Start a Party?
To start a Party, Play in Pokemon GO, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your trainer profile, which is the icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap the party tab, which is the icon with four people on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap create, which is the button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Share the numerical code or QR code with up to three nearby trainers who want to join your party. You can also invite friends from your friend list by tapping the invite button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap start, which is the button on the bottom right corner of the screen, to begin your party.
How to Complete Party Challenges?
After a party is formed, the party will receive a pop-up asking which Party Challenge they want to take on. Party Challenges can be focused on spinning PokéStops, battling in raids, catching Pokémon, and more.
What other challenges await your next party? Completing Party Challenges will reward you with in-game items and bonuses. You can view the current Party Challenge and its progress on the top left corner of the map. You can also tap on it to see more details.
How to use Party Power?
- When you’re taking on a raid with your group, you’ll get a new boost called Party Power.
- Party Power makes your next Charged Attack deal twice as much damage, and it builds up every time you use a Fast Attack.
- Having more members in your party makes Party Power charge up more quickly!
How to View Activity Summary?
You can check your party’s progress and details via the Activity Summary, which is accessible from the Party tab of your Trainer profile. Your party’s Activity Summary has the following categories: Pokémon, Throws, Adventure, Battle, and General.
Each category shows you various statistics such as how many Pokémon you caught, how many Excellent throws you made, how far you walked, how many raids you won, and more. You can also bookmark your favorite activities by tapping on them and view them quickly via the Favorite section of your Activity Summary.
Limitations and Drawbacks of Party Play in Pokemon GO
Party Play is not a perfect feature, and it has some limitations and drawbacks that you should be aware of. Here are some of them:
- In Pokémon GO, create or join a party with up to 3 nearby friends, not possible with distant players, and limit of 4 trainers in a party.
- In Pokémon GO, join only one party at a time, no switching between parties or inviting others once it starts, ensuring focused gameplay.
- You can only take on one Party Challenge at a time. This means that you cannot switch between different Party Challenges or take on multiple Party Challenges simultaneously.
- You can only use Party Power in raids. This means that you cannot use it in other battles such as Gym battles or Trainer battles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Host or join a party?
Party Power is a new bonus that doubles the damage of your next charged attack when you challenge a raid with your party. Party Power charges with every fast attack you make, and it charges faster with more party members. You can see your Party Power meter on the top left corner of the screen during a raid.
How do I Get Exclusive Eevee-Themed T-Shirts?
To get exclusive Eevee-themed T-shirts, you need to complete the Welcome Party Special Research, which is accessible from the Today tab of your Research menu. The Special Research tasks involve using Party Play and catching Eevee and its evolutions.
Party Play is a new feature in Pokemon GO that lets you team up with your friends and have fun together in a shared in-game experience. You can see your friends’ avatars on your map, use Party Power to boost your damage in raids, and earn rewards by completing Party Challenges. Party Play is a great way to enjoy Pokemon GO with your friends and explore the world of Pokemon.
In this article, we have explained how to host or join a party, how to use Party Power, what are Party Challenges, and what are the exclusive Eevee-themed T-shirts. We hope you found this article helpful and informative. Thank you for reading and happy gaming!