Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps in the world, with over 300 million daily active users. It is known for its ephemeral and creative features that let you send photos and videos that disappear after a few seconds, as well as filters, lenses, stickers, Bitmoji, and more that make your snaps fun and expressive. Snapchat group chat is a feature that lets you communicate with up to 200 friends at once in Snapchat.
In this article, we will show you how to use Snapchat group chat to keep your friends close. We will cover how to create a group chat on Snapchat, how to use Snapchat group chat features, and how to make your Snapchat Group Chat more fun and expressive. By the end of this article, you will be able to use Snapchat group chat like a pro and stay in touch with your friends in an easy and enjoyable way.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Group Chat on Snapchat
Creating a group chat on Snapchat is very simple. You can start a group chat from the chat screen or from a snap. Here are the steps for both methods:
- Open the Snapchat application on your phone and choose the Chat icon.
- Tap the New Group button and tap the contacts you want to add to the group. You can also use the search field to find and add contacts to the group.
- Tap the New Group Name area to set a group name. Tap the Chat with Group button to start your group chat.
You can also add or remove friends from an existing group chat by tapping on the menu icon at the upper left corner of the screen and selecting Add Friends or Remove Friends. You can also name or rename your group chat by tapping on Edit Name in the same menu. You can choose any name you like for your group chat, such as Besties, Squad, Family, etc.
How to use Snapchat Group chat Features
In a Snapchat group chat, you have a range of features at your disposal to make your conversations more engaging:
- Snaps: Easily send creative photos or videos with filters, lenses, stickers, and Bitmoji. Edit your snaps with drawings, text, emojis, and set time limits. Snaps sent to a group chat disappear after 24 hours, unless saved.
- Stickers: Enhance your messages with a variety of stickers, including emojis, Bitmoji, and custom options. You can even create your own stickers by tracing objects in your snaps.
- Bitmoji: Use Bitmoji to express emotions, actions, and greetings in your group chat. You can also send Friendmoji, featuring you and a friend, for a more personalized touch.
- Voice Notes: Record up to 60 seconds of voice messages by holding down the microphone icon. Release to send the voice note, or slide left to cancel.
- Video Notes: Create short, up to 10-second video messages by holding the camera icon. Release to send, or slide left to cancel.
You can also see who has read or saved your messages in a group chat by tapping or pressing and holding on any message. You will see a list of names below each message that shows who has opened, replayed, or saved it. When someone opens a snap in a group chat, their name will appear below it in chat.
Snapchat Group Chat Settings and Options
You can access Snapchat Group Chat settings and options by tapping on the menu icon at the upper left corner of the screen. From there, you can do things such as:
- Share your location with the group
- Edit the group name
- Turn on or off notifications
- Auto-save group stories
- Add or remove friends from the group
- Leave the group
“Did you know you can have a blast on your birthday with Snapchat? Just set your birthdate on the app, and you’ll get cool stuff like a birthday cake emoji, fun party filters, and even a special birthday snap from Team Snapchat!” If you want to know more about How to Change My Birthday on Snapchat checkout this article
How to Make Your Group Chat More Fun and Expressive
Snapchat’s group chat offers a range of engaging features that set it apart from regular chats:
- Poll Stickers: You can gather opinions and ask questions within your group by utilizing poll stickers. Access them through the sticker icon at the bottom right of the screen, select “Poll,” and customize your question-and-answer options. You can even choose colors for your poll stickers. After creating your poll, drag it into your snap and send it to your group chat. Group members can vote on options, and results are accessible within the chat.
- Custom Stickers: Create personalized stickers from your snaps by using the scissors icon at the top right. Trace an object in your snap to generate a sticker. These custom stickers can be used like regular stickers and accessed via the sticker icon at the bottom right.
- Lenses: Add captivating effects and animations to your snaps and video notes with lenses. Access them via the smiley face icon next to the camera button. Choose from a variety of lenses, including face swaps, animated masks, and more. Apply lenses to your snaps and video notes by tapping or holding the camera button.
- Group Story: Collaboratively create or join a friend’s group story in the chat. A group story allows you to share snaps that anyone in the group can view, add to, or save. Create a group story by tapping the menu icon at the upper left, then selecting “Create Group Story.” Customize the story’s name, privacy settings, and notifications. To add to or view a group story, simply tap it on the chat screen.
- Video and Voice Chat: Connect with your group members in real-time using video or voice chat. Initiate a chat by tapping the video camera or phone icon at the top right. You can choose to engage with everyone in the group or specific friends. Start the chat by tapping “Start Chatting,” and you’ll be able to see or hear each other live. During a video or voice chat, you can add filters, lenses, stickers, Bitmoji, and more for added fun.
Frequently Asked questions
How do I Delete a Group Chat on Snapchat?
You can delete a group chat on Snapchat by tapping on the menu icon at the upper left corner of the screen and selecting Leave Group from the list of options. You will see a pop-up window where you can confirm your decision to leave the group. Once you leave the group, you will no longer be able to send or receive messages or snaps from the group.
How do I Mute a Group Chat on Snapchat?
You can mute a group chat on Snapchat by tapping on the menu icon at the upper left corner of the screen and selecting Notification Settings from the list of options. You will see a pop-up window where you can turn on or off notifications for the group chat. You can also choose whether to receive notifications for all messages or only mentions in the group chat.
How do I Block Someone from a Group Chat on Snapchat?
You cannot block someone from a group chat on Snapchat. However, you can remove them from the group chat by tapping on the menu icon at the upper left corner of the screen and selecting Remove Friends from the list of options. You will see a pop-up window where you can select who you want to remove from the group chat.
How do I Find my Groups on Snapchat?
You can find your groups on Snapchat by tapping on the chat icon at the bottom of the screen and scrolling through your list of chats. You will see your groups with a sparkle/friend emoji next to them. You can also search for your groups by typing their names or usernames in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Snapchat group chat is a great way to keep your friends close and have fun with them in Snapchat. You can create a group chat with up to 200 friends and send snaps, messages, stickers, voice notes, video notes, and more to them. You can also see who has read or saved your messages in a group chat and mention someone in a group chat.
You can also make your group chat more fun and expressive by using features such as poll stickers, custom stickers, lenses, group stories, and video chat or voice chat. These features let you ask questions, get opinions, create your own stickers, add effects and animations, share snaps with your group, and see or hear each other live.