Are you tired of swiping left and right on Tinder without finding your perfect match? Do you wish you could get some feedback from your friends and family before you commit to a date? If so, you might be interested in Tinder’s new feature that lets you do just that.
Tinder, the popular dating app, has created a tool that allows users to share their potential matches with their trusted contacts, who can then approve or reject them, or even start messaging on your behalf. The feature, called Meet the Parents, is designed to help users find more compatible partners and avoid wasting time on bad dates.
Table of Contents
Tinder’s “Meet the Parents” Feature
“Meet the Parents” is a new feature on Tinder, the popular dating app. It allows you to share your potential matches with your friends and family and get their opinions and suggestions. You can invite up to 15 people to view your matches for 24 hours, and they can see the profiles without having a Tinder account themselves.
They can also recommend some matches for you, but they cannot message them on your behalf. After the session ends, you can review the profiles that your matchmakers suggested, and decide if you want to swipe right or left on them. This feature is meant to help you find the best match for you, with the help of those who know you best. Tinder is available in several countries.
How to use this Features?
To use this feature, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Tinder app and tap on the Matchmaker icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select up to 15 friends, family members or guardians from your contacts or enter their phone numbers or email addresses manually.
- Tap on Send Invites to invite them to join your Matchmaker session. They will receive a link to view your potential matches and give their feedback.
- Swipe through the profiles of other Tinder users and tap on the Share icon on the bottom right corner of the screen to share them with your matchmakers.
- Your matchmakers will be able to see the profiles you shared, and swipe left or right to indicate their approval or disapproval. They can also send you messages with their comments or suggestions.
- Once the Matchmaker session ends, you will be able to review the profiles recommended by your matchmakers and decide whether or not you want to match with them.
Pros and cons
The Matchmaker feature has some advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before using it. Here are some of them:
- Honest feedback from people who know you well and care about your happiness.
- Avoid awkward or unpleasant situations by knowing what your matchmakers think of your matches before you meet them.
- You can expand your horizons by discovering new profiles that you might have overlooked or dismissed.
- You may feel pressured or conflicted by the opinions of your matchmakers, especially if they disagree with each other or with you.
- You may miss out on some potential matches that your matchmakers don’t like or don’t know about.
- Encounter some technical issues or glitches with the feature, such as not receiving the invites or the messages from your matchmakers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Turn on the Matchmaker Feature?
You can turn on the Matchmaker feature in your settings. You can choose who you want to share your matches with, and how often you want them to receive notifications.
How do I Share a Match with My Contact?
You can share a match with your contact by tapping on the share icon at the bottom of their profile. This will send a link to your contact, who can then view the profile and decide whether they approve or not.
How do I see What my Contact has Done with my Match?
You can see what your contact has done with your match by checking the Matchmaker tab in your chat screen. You can also revoke their access at any time if you change your mind.
How do I Message a Match on Behalf of my Contact?
You can message a match on behalf of your contact by tapping on the message icon at the bottom of their profile. This will open a chat window where you can introduce yourself and start a conversation.
Tinder’s new feature, Matchmaker, is a tool that lets you share your potential matches with your friends and family, who can then approve or reject them, or even start messaging on your behalf.
The feature can help you find more compatible partners and avoid wasting time on bad dates, but it also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of. If you decide to use it, make sure you choose your contact carefully, communicate clearly, be open-minded, be respectful, and have fun.