Reels are short, entertaining videos that people love to watch and create on Facebook and Instagram. But did you know that you can also use Reels to promote your products and services with ads? Meta has recently introduced some new features for Reels ads that can help you reach more customers, increase engagement, and drive sales.
In this article, we will show you how to use these new features, such as collection ads, multi-destination carousel ads, swipe left functionality, and music and sound effects. We will also share some tips and best practices on how to create effective Reels ads that stand out from the crowd.
Table of Contents
What are the New Features for Reels Ads?
To help businesses overcome these challenges and make the most of Reel’s ads, Meta has recently announced a string of new features that aim to boost engagement, optimize campaign performance, and improve brand safety. These features include:
Collection ads are a type of ad format that feature one large video or image with smaller accompanying images. Users can swipe through these images to learn more about the products they are interested in. Collection ads are already available on Instagram, and they are now being tested on Facebook Reels as well.
Collection ads can help businesses showcase their product catalog, increase product discovery, and drive conversions. For example, a fashion brand can use a collection ad to show a video of a model wearing an outfit, along with images of the individual items that users can tap to buy.
Multi-destination Reels Carousel Ads
Multi-destination Reels carousel ads are another type of ad format that allow businesses to direct users to multiple product pages via the images displayed in the carousel. This can help users find the items they are looking for more easily and increase sales. Multi-destination Reels carousel ads are now available on both Facebook and Instagram Reels across iOS and Android devices.
For example, a travel agency can use a multi-destination Reels carousel ad to show a video of a destination, along with images of different hotels or attractions that users can swipe through and book.
Swipe Left Functionality
Swipe left functionality is a feature that enables users to quickly and easily learn more about and shop the products they see in Reels ads. By swiping left on a Reel ad, users can access a landing page where they can find more information or complete a purchase. Swipe left functionality is now available on both Facebook and Instagram Reels ads.
For example, a beauty brand can use a swipe left functionality to show a video of a makeup tutorial, along with a landing page where users can buy the products used in the video.
Advantage+ Creative suite
Advantage+ creative suite is a set of tools that help businesses create better Reels ads in a few clicks. These tools include:
- Music: This feature allows businesses to source, select, and add music to their single image Reels ads during the campaign creation process. Music can help make Reels ads more captivating, entertaining, and engaging.
- Creative optimizations: Automatic features in Advantage+ creative enhance non-9:16 media with 3D motion, aspect ratio adjustment, and image quality improvements for optimal results.
Brand Suitability Solutions
Brand suitability solutions are tools that help businesses control where their Reels ads appear and ensure that they align with their brand values and preferences. These tools include:
- Inventory filter: Businesses can now pick content sensitivity levels for Reels ads: standard (default), moderate (excludes profanity, politics), limited.
- Block lists: These are lists of publishers, apps, or pages that businesses can exclude from showing their Reels ads. Businesses can create and manage their own block lists or use Meta’s pre-defined block lists.
- Publisher lists: These are lists of publishers, apps, or pages that businesses can choose to show their Reels ads. Businesses can create and manage their own publisher lists or use Meta’s pre-defined publisher lists.
- Delivery reports: These are reports that show where the Reels ads have been delivered and how they have performed. Businesses can use these reports to monitor and optimize their Reels ad campaigns.
How to use the Meta new Reels ad Features?
To use the meta new reels ad features, businesses need to follow some best practices for creating Reels ads, as well as access the features in Ads Manager and measure their performance.
Best Practices for Creating Reels ads
Reels ads are different from other types of video ads, as they require a more creative, authentic, and entertaining approach. Here are some tips for creating effective Reels ads:
- Use vertical videos: Vertical videos are more immersive and fit better on mobile screens. They also allow users to see more details and interact more easily with the ad.
- Use sound: Sound can help capture attention, convey emotion, and enhance the message of the ad. Use music, voiceovers, sound effects, or a combination of them to make your Reels ads more engaging.
- Use text overlays: Text overlays can help highlight the key points, benefits, or calls to action of the ad. Use clear, concise, and catchy text that complements the video and encourages users to take action.
- Use stickers and effects: Stickers and effects can help add personality, humor, and creativity to your Reels ads. Use them sparingly and appropriately to enhance your brand identity and message.
- Use short and catchy videos: Reels ads can be up to 30 seconds long, but shorter videos tend to perform better. Aim for 15 seconds or less and make sure to capture attention in the first few seconds.
- Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags can help increase the discoverability and reach of your Reels ads. Use hashtags that are relevant to your brand, product, service, or campaign.
How to Access the new Features in Ads Manager
To access the meta new reels ad features in Ads Manager, businesses need to follow these steps:
- Create a campaign with one of the following objectives: reach, brand awareness, video views, app installs (for app promotion ads), traffic (for website clicks), conversions (for website conversions), catalog sales (for dynamic product ads), or lead generation (for lead forms).
- Choose Automatic Placements or Edit Placements and select Facebook Reels or Instagram Reels as one of the placements.
- Create an ad set with your target audience, budget, schedule, optimization goal, and bid strategy.
- Create an ad with your creative asset (video or image), primary text (optional), headline (optional), description (optional), call to action (optional), website URL (optional), display link (optional), pixel tracking (optional), app event optimization (optional), dynamic creative (optional), collection format (optional), swipe left functionality (optional), music (optional), creative optimizations (optional).
- Review and confirm your ad.
How to Measure the Performance of Reels Ads
Track Reels ad performance with Ads Manager: Create a Meta Business account, Reels ad account, and access metrics for insights and optimization.
- Go to Ads Manager and select your campaign, ad set, or ad.
- Click on Columns and select Performance or customize your own metrics.
- Measure Reels ad success with metrics like impressions, clicks, video plays, conversions, CTR, CPC, and more, available in Ads Manager for in-depth analysis.
You can also use the filters and breakdowns to segment your data by different dimensions, such as time, delivery, action, and creative. You can also export your data to a CSV or Excel file for further analysis.
You can also check out our blog, Instagram Audio Tab: How to Find and Use Music and Audio for Your Reels for more tips and tutorials on Instagram Audio Tab: How to Find and Use Music and Audio for Your Reels.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Reels and Reels ads?
Reels are short-form videos that users can create and share on Facebook and Instagram. Meta new reels ad features are full-screen, immersive, and vertical video ads that appear in between Reels videos.
How long can Reels ads be?
Reels ads can be up to 30 seconds long, but shorter videos tend to perform better.
What are the Objectives that Support Reels ads?
The objectives that support Reels ads are reach, brand awareness, video views, app installs (for app promotion ads), traffic (for website clicks), conversions (for website conversions), catalog sales (for dynamic product ads), and lead generation (for lead forms).
How can I Measure the Performance of Meta New Reels ad Features?
In Ads Manager, assess Reels ad performance easily. Choose campaign, ad set, or ad, customize metrics like CTR, CPC, impressions, conversions, and more.
In conclusion, Meta new reels ad features on Facebook and Instagram have evolved with a range of meta new reels ad features, all designed to amplify their impact. From collection ads to brand suitability solutions, these tools can help businesses connect with their target audiences in innovative ways.
By following best practices, accessing meta new reels ad features in Ads Manager, and diligently measuring results, businesses can craft meta new reels ad features that are engaging, relevant, and successful in achieving their marketing objectives. This is an exciting step forward in the world of short-form video advertising, promising even greater potential for businesses in the dynamic digital landscape.