PowerPoint is one of the most popular and widely used tools for creating and delivering presentations. Whether you are a student, a teacher, a professional you might have used PowerPoint at some point in your life. However, creating a presentation that is effective, engaging, and attractive can be challenging and time-consuming. You might need to do a lot of research and formatting to make your presentation stand out. Fortunately, there is a new feature in Microsoft 365 Copilot in PowerPoint that can help you with this task.
In this article, we will explain what Microsoft 365 Copilot is, how it works in PowerPoint, what benefits it offers, and how you can use it to create stunning presentations with ease. Microsoft 365 Copilot is an artificial intelligence assistant that works alongside you in PowerPoint and other Microsoft 365 apps.
Table of Contents
What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is an artificial intelligence assistant feature introduced by Microsoft on March 16, 2023. This tool, designed for Microsoft 365 applications and services, Edge, and Windows, leverages the advanced capabilities of OpenAI’s GPT-4 large language models (LLMs).
Microsoft 365 Copilot combines the power of LLMs with your organization’s data – all in the flow of work – to turn your words into one of the most powerful productivity tools on the planet. Copilot provides real-time intelligent assistance, enabling users to enhance their creativity, productivity, and skills.
Microsoft 365 Copilot can help you with various tasks such as writing emails, summarizing documents, creating presentations, generating charts, finding information, and more. Copilot will then respond with relevant suggestions or actions based on your input and context.
How to Use Microsoft Copilot in PowerPoint?
- Make sure you have a valid Microsoft 365 subscription and the latest PowerPoint version installed.
- Open PowerPoint and look for the Copilot icon in the top right corner.
- Click the Copilot icon to turn it on and open the Copilot chat box.
- Type a short description or plan for your presentation in the Copilot chat box.
- Wait for Copilot to create a first draft of your presentation, including content, pictures, and animations.
How Does Microsoft Copilot Help with PowerPoint?
Microsoft Copilot helps you with PowerPoint in various ways, such as:
- Creating a new presentation from scratch: You can give Copilot a topic and have it create a draft presentation for you.
- Summarizing your presentation: You can ask Copilot to summarize the key points of your presentation for you. This can help you review your content and prepare for your delivery.
- Organizing your presentation: You can let Copilot restructure your slides to make them more logical and coherent. Copilot will analyze your content and suggest changes that you can accept or reject.
- Making your presentation look great: You can use Copilot to find relevant images and design ideas for your presentation. Copilot will search the web and recommend images that fit your content and theme.
Using Copilot in PowerPoint for Design, Images, and Talking Points
- Design Ideas: Click on the “Design Ideas” button in Copilot. It checks your presentation and suggests designs that match your presentation type.
- Find Images: Use the “Images” button in Copilot to find relevant images. Copilot analyzes your content and recommends images that fit. For instance, if your presentation is about environmental sustainability, it might suggest pictures of renewable energy or nature.
- Generate Talking Points: To get talking points for your presentation, click on the “Talking Points” button in Copilot. It looks at your content and proposes talking points that match your presentation type. For a sales pitch, it might suggest points about your product or service benefits and how they solve problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Access Microsoft 365 Copilot in PowerPoint?
You can access Microsoft 365 Copilot in PowerPoint by clicking on the Copilot tab near the top of your presentation. You can also type natural language prompts or commands in any text box or field within your slides.
How do I Enable or Disable Microsoft 365 Copilot in PowerPoint?
You can enable or disable Microsoft 365 Copilot in PowerPoint by going to File > Options > General > Enable Microsoft 365 Copilot. You can also access the Copilot settings from the Copilot tab near the top of your presentation.
Microsoft 365 Copilot is a new AI-powered productivity tool that works alongside you in PowerPoint and other Microsoft 365 apps. It can help you create stunning presentations by providing you with intelligent assistance throughout the presentation creation process.
You can use Copilot to create a presentation from scratch, improve an existing presentation, generate text, images, and charts, summarize a presentation, and customize a presentation.