But what if you want to schedule WhatsApp messages for a specific time or date? For example, you might want to wish someone a happy birthday at midnight or remind yourself of an important task or appointment. Or maybe you want to send a message when you are not available or offline.
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature to schedule messages. However, there are some ways to do it using third-party apps or tools to schedule messages. In this article, we will show you how to schedule WhatsApp messages on Android and iPhone devices.
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Android
You have a variety of third-party apps that can help you schedule messages on WhatsApp for Android phones. One well-regarded option is SKEDit, which is used by people all over the world. You can use it to schedule SMS, emails, and set up call reminders. Read this article for step-by-step guide on How to Send WhatsApp Video Messages.
Using SKEDit App
- First, download and install the SKEDit app from the Play Store, and then open it.
- Sign up using your personal information to login to the SKEDit app.
- After you’ve logged in, tap on WhatsApp in the app’s menu.
- You need to give certain permissions in your phone settings. Go to Accessibility > SKEDit > Turn on the Service toggle and grant the necessary permission. Once done, you can go back to the app.
- To schedule a message, start by adding the recipient’s name, entering the message details, and choosing a date and time for sending. You can also set the message to repeat daily, weekly, or monthly.
- You also have the option to review your decision before sending a scheduled message. Enabling the “Ask me before sending” feature will give you a notification before the message is actually sent.
- If you decide to disable the “Ask me before sending” option, keep in mind that you’ll need to turn off your phone’s screen lock and also disable battery optimization for the app.
How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
Scheduling messages on an iPhone is not as straightforward as it is on Android through third-party apps. Apple prioritizes user privacy, which leads to restrictions on granting permissions to third-party applications. Nevertheless, iPhone users can achieve this task using Siri shortcuts.
Using Siri Shortcuts
- Go to the Apple App Store on your iPhone and install the Shortcuts app.
- Open the Shortcuts app and locate the Automation button at the bottom.
- Tap the + icon in the upper right corner to create a personal automation.
- Once you’ve set up your personal automation, select “Time of Day” to schedule your task. Choose the date and time when you want to send WhatsApp messages. Once done, proceed to the next step.
- Tap “Add Action,” then search for and select “Text” from the dropdown.
- In the text field, enter the details of the message you want to send.
- After entering the message, tap the + icon below the Text field. A window will appear; type “WhatsApp” in the search bar.
- Choose “Send Message Through WhatsApp” from the dropdown. Select the recipient’s name, and then proceed by tapping Next > Done.
- Shortcuts app will notify you at the scheduled time. Upon receiving the notification, open the app, and you’ll be directed to the scheduled message window. From there, simply tap ‘Send’ to proceed.
Why Schedule WhatsApp Messages?
- Sending messages at the right time can help you remember and seize the opportunity.
- You can save time and effort by planning your messages in advance.
- By sending messages at suitable times, you can prevent bothering or irritating your contacts.
- Setting reminders and notifications for yourself or others can help you be more organized and productive.
- You can surprise or delight your contacts by sending them unexpected or personalized messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I schedule WhatsApp messages without using any third-party app?
WhatsApp lacks native message scheduling. Both Android and iPhone require third-party apps for this function.
Is it safe to use third-party apps to schedule WhatsApp messages?
App privacy varies. Some ask access to contacts, messages, posing risk. Review permissions, avoid apps seeking WhatsApp credentials.
Will the scheduled WhatsApp messages be sent even if I am offline?
Method matters. WhatsApp Business, Siri need net for sending scheduled messages. SKEDit sends offline if screen lock, battery optimization off.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, but WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature to schedule messages. However, there are some workarounds that can help you send messages at a specific time on both Android and iPhone in WhatsApp.
In this article, we have shown you how to use WhatsApp Business, Siri Shortcuts, and SKEDit to schedule WhatsApp messages on your devices. These methods are easy to follow and can be useful for various purposes, such as sending birthday wishes, reminders, or greetings.